April 13 - Maundy Thursday
We serve the congregation as a team during each service. We serve by making each worshipper feel like they belong at Immanuel Lutheran Church. We do this by genuinely welcoming and connecting with every person who comes to Immanuel each weekend or for special events by greeting them with a warm friendly hello, a handshake and helping them find a seat. If there is a logistical problem we will solve it. Here some things we do as ushers.
- Welcome people and hand out the bulletins
- Assist people needing a prayer room, nursery, Sunday School, or hearing assistance.
- Collect the offering.
- Collect the communication/attendence cards.
- During communion the ushers direct the congregation to receive communion. The ushers inform the Pastor of anyone who is unable to get to the altar for communion so that he may administer communion to them at their seat.
- After worship service the ushers gather material from pews and sort remaining bulletins for following services. They check restrooms and secure all doors.
Our greeters serve as "God's First Response PR Team"! They are the friendly faces that wecome visitors and members to worship and invite them to the Immanuel Lutheran Church family and all the activities happening. If you are interested in serving as a greeter please contact....... Ellen Ranney.
We serve the congregation by preparing the church altar and chancel area according to the seasons of the church. Each week a different team of volunteers prepare the altar and or communion for designated services. Ours is a ministry that happens behind the scenes, yet is a vital part of worship. Communion and worship was directed by Christ - we have the pleasure of helping to serve.
What we do?
- Place flowers in the vases before worship
- Prepare individual cup trays, common cups, and silver challis by filling with wine.
- Prepare brass trays and brass cup with wafers.
- Assist communion distributors by passing filled trays as they empty.
- Be available to clean-up and put away communion items and replace candles after the services.
To volunteer please contact Mrs. Arlene Marts at 636-239-3598.
Our AV Volunteers keep everything moving on our video screens at the front of the church. This is a very important job as our members get more and more used to following the service on the screens. They also make sure volumes of microphones are just right and that the lighting is appropriate for the Worship Service. If you have an interest in this type of ministry, please contact Curt Beers.