Welcome to Immanuel. Immanuel's goal is to be the caring loving arms of Christ in the modern day world, serving Him and serving you and your family. We are a growing and evolving congregation with an excellent pre-school through elementary school. Washington, Missouri is a medium sized town with a feeling of a small time community - our church has a similar feeling. We hope our web site will help you find any information you may be looking for. If you have any questions please call or or come to visit. We would like to invite you to come and worship, praise and fellowship with our church family.
If you have no church home, we welcome you to come and fellowship with us!
Listen to a powerful testimony about what Immanuel means to one family at Immanuel. Julie & Steve video
When you visit us, here are some things that may help you:
- Saturday service is at 6 p.m. Sunday services are at 8:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. During the summer, we also offer a Monday evening service at 6 p.m.
- Please tell our greeters you are visiting. We have a special packet for new visitors. Our welcome team will help make sure your visit gets started in the right direction.
- The services usually last an hour or less but may last a little longer on communion Sundays which are the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekends of the month. Communion is also offered on Saturday and Monday on the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month.
- We offer inspiring Bible classes/Bible study for adults and youth from 9:30 to 10:30
- Our worship services offer spiritual guidance and are personal, comforting and uplifting.
- We are a church with many families and many singles of all ages - as a church we are family with Christ as our head.
- Fellowship time with coffee, juice and donuts is Sunday from 9:00 to 9:30 am.
- Visitor and handicap parking is available closest to the door in our off street parking lot.
- Dress can be formal or informal at Immanuel Washington. You may see shirts and jeans next to suits and ties.
- We offer a nursery and Sunday School 9:30 to 10:30 AM to those with children.
- We have a babies and mom's room available for times when the little ones need to vent.
We are happy when visitors want to know more about the Christian faith or have an interest in becoming a member.
Pastor Mark leads class for those who want to explore what faith is all about or for those who wish to consider membership with us in the Church. These classes deal with "Basics of the Christian Faith and Lutheran Perspectives." The classes will address the meaning of the Bible, baptism, the Lords Supper and faith in Christ for anyone new to the Christian faith, or with questions about the Christian faith. These sessions are also a good review, and an opportunity for faithful Christians to renew and strengthen their faith life and study the meaning of parts of the Bible and the comfort prayer brings.
Other avenues of becoming a member are, through a profession of faith or a transfer. Pastor Mark will help you to see which avenue is best suited for you.
Come and visit - we welcome you with open arms.