Immanuel Lutheran School gathered their annual "Operation Christmas Child" boxes in Wednesday's chapel service. PIctured to the left are the record 477 boxes that will be sent to children in Mexico for Christmas. Last year's boxes went to Cameroon. Pictured with the boxes are the ILS Student Council and Mrs. Jill Ince who spearheaded the effort again this year.
For the first time Immanuel Lutheran Church had 600+ people in worship on three weekends in a row! The three weekend highlights included:
- Confirmation/Reformation Sunday
- Pork Sausage Sunday
- School Choirs Singing "United We Stand"
The Lord continues to bless Immanuel in many ways. One of the ways is with the growing number of children at Immanuel. This past Sunday we had in excess of 120 children at our Children's Messages! Wow, does that lift the heart in praise to God!
Mmm. It's that time of year! Immanuel's Pork Sausage Dinner is this Sunday from 11-6. The dinner features home made pork sausage, sauerkraut, home made apple sauce, mashed potatoes, green beens. The $10 price is a real bargain when you consider tax, tip and drink at a restaurant. Drive thru is also available. Children's meals are available eat in and are for ages 6-12 and are $5.
Immanuel members, we could still use a few hands. Call the church office and step up to serve. You will have a blast.
What a big Sunday at Immanuel!
- Reformation Sunday - We will celebrate God's preserving the Gospel through Martin Luther.
- Confirmation Sunday - In the late service we will witness 19 young adults profess their faith in Christ.
- Our missionary to Thailand, Robin McCoy (along with Jo and Ar here from Thailand) will speak during the 9:30 Sunday School hour in our Fellowship Hall.
- Wait til you hear the music! Adult Choir, bell choir, 4 horns, and tympani will fill our sanctuary with uplifting praise to our saving God. It will be awesome.
If you have a friend you have been wanting to bring to church, this is the Sunday!